The New York Times
Provide scripting, integration and scrum-master and product/project management expertise for content management systems for a variety of New York Times print and digital content channels.
- Hands-on experience in AWS cloud technology, specifically Elastic Beanstalk, EC2 instances, S3 storage and Lambda functions.
- Tech lead for 2018 redesign and re-platform of NYTCo.com, The New York Times Company website for job applicants, investor and press. WordPress; AWS Elastic Beanstalk; Fastly CDN and image optimization.
- Tech lead for 2019 redesign and re-platform of New York Times internal websites.
- Relationship owner for spell-checking system; product owner for abstracting and indexing CMS.
- Publisher’s Awards:
- 2017: Rollout of NewsGate print CMS and publishing system.
- 2018: Re-platforming of International New York Times worldwide publishing.
- 2019: Launch and re-platform of NYTCo.com corporate website.
- Leadership skills and technical acumen are combined in project management with underlying use of Jira and other PM tools.
- Expert in systems integration, often bringing together dissimilar file formats for multiple uses and content channels.
- Team member primarily tasked with identifying, automating and streamlining processes once manually performed by editors and editorial assistants.
- The go-to team member for XSLT, perl and php with recent growth and emphasis on cloud functions written in nodejs.
- Superior writing, editing and graphic design skills are used often for both user and technical documentation.